LMAO. Adam is probably reading this saying “What is this fool posting?” Let me set the record straight and say that NO WE DON’T SELL CAR AUDIO! Now that that’s out of the way onto the point of my blog title…
So for those of you who don’t really KNOW us we are car audio buffs probably just as much as we are car performance buffs. We have this philosophy of building balanced cars when it comes to our own personal builds. What good is having a street car that is only good at doing one thing? Better yet how enjoyable is an Endless Big Brake Kit or an A.R.C. thingamajiggy when your sitting in bumper to bumper traffic on the Long Island Expressway? The answer is not very enjoyable at all. I’m a firm believer that a good sound system is something that you can enjoy WHENEVER you are in your car regardless of where you are or what you’re doing. Even the Stig rocks out to a good track while he is doing his thing .
Anyway, here is what I have in my Z. Some of you may have seen these pictures before, but it dawned on me as I was in the garage tonight that I have never posted these on the blog, so I figured why not? Some may consider it a little excessive and I agree it is but everything I have done to this car so far is excessive in some degree.
Equipment List for the most part:
- Mcintosh MX406 Headunit
- Mcintosh MPM4000 Meter Module
- Morel Elate 3-Way Component Set (1″ Tweeter, 4″ Mid, 6″ Woofer)
- Mcintosh MCC404M 4 Channel Amplifiers (2, 1 amp powering each door)
- Mcintosh MCC301M Mono Amplifier (1)
- Seas Lotus SW300 12″ Subwoofers (2)
- K40 2000 Front and Rear Radar Detector, and Laser Diffuser (Soon to be swapped out for the new dope Passport 9500ci; These are the two LEDs under the Tachometer)
- Other Upholstery and Interior Upgrades (Alcantara headliner, visors, shift boot, e-brake; Reupholstered Door Panels and factory Knee Pads; Personal Neo Eagle Steering Wheel, and Leather Shift Knob, tons of other stuff)
I’m not done with this interior yet. I’d like to sell these seats which I haven’t even had an opportunity to use yet and purchase a set of ASM Recaros in what other color but black and blue. I also plan on purchasing a processor in order to fine tune the entire stereo.
Lastly MAJOR MAJOR thanks to my boy Dave at Performance Outfitters Group for doing this dope ass install and tune for me. He went above and beyond my expectations and treated my car like it was his own. I highly recommend them.